1948 years ago in AD 63 an earthquake in southern Italy by the gulf of Naples seriously damaged the ancient city of Pompeii causing an undetermined number of deaths and spread out destruction, but the locals went to work rebuilding in the same spot until they were buried by the eruption of the Vesuvius volcano 16 years later in AD 79.
Galveston TX Hurricanes
Average Brushed or hit every 2.94 years Average Direct hit every 8.63 years
The Great Storm of 1900 - Sep 8th 1900 - Pop: 42,000 residents Category 4 @ 135 mph -Great loss of life between 6,000 and 12,000 individuals – officially 8,000
The 1915 Storm, August 17th, Category 4 @ 135 mph 42 people dead in the Galveston area
$60 - 1915 million dollars in damage
Ike Sep 13th 2008 - The third most destructive hurricane to ever make landfall in the United States Final landfall in Galveston Texas as a strong cat 2 with cat 5 equivalent storm surge winds extended 120 miles from the center.
Blamed for at least 195 deaths – 74 in Haiti and 112 in the USA 300 still missing. - Damages estimated at 24 billion (2008) US Dollars
Resulted in the largest evacuation in the state of Texas history and the largest search and rescue operation in US history
Chernobyl, An Experiment Gone Wrong
On Saturday, April 26th, 1986 at 1:23 am, one of the reactors at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant exploded. Ironically, the experiment consisted in testing how the power plant would respond in the event of an accident. The operators at the plant wanted to bring down the power output of the reactor to 25%, but over-confidence, poor training and poor knowledge of how a reactor works caused them to overdo it, and they ended up bringing down the power output to 1%. When they then tried to bring it up to 25%, the reactor overheated and exploded causing the worst nuclear accident in history.
Your company rotating vertical banner, placed in the Survival Insights Portal’s right column
Banner specifications: 120 pixels wide x 250 pixels tall. JPG, GIF or animated.
• Your company logo and company description (50 words max) listed in the Survival Insight’s Directory.
Logo specifications: 120 pixels wide x 60 pixels tall, JPG or GIF.
• URL link to your website
• E-mail links
• Your company listed by product and/or service in the directory
• Your company educational articles published in the news section of the portal’s main page (2 article p/qtr)
• Your company logo/banner prominently displayed on the article page
• Selected company article published in Survival Insights monthly Newsletter. One article per issue
• Survival Insights will keep an online library of published articles maintaining your company’s advertising historical reference.
• Your company’s press releases published in the “In the News” section of the portal
• Your company’s White Papers published in the Presentation section.
• Your company’s educational presentations published in the Presentations section.
• Your company’s Seminars, Webinars or special programs announced in the Events section.
For price schedules or additional information, Email to: