1948 years ago in AD 63 an earthquake in southern Italy by the gulf of Naples seriously damaged the ancient city of Pompeii causing an undetermined number of deaths and spread out destruction, but the locals went to work rebuilding in the same spot until they were buried by the eruption of the Vesuvius volcano 16 years later in AD 79.
Galveston TX Hurricanes
Average Brushed or hit every 2.94 years Average Direct hit every 8.63 years
The Great Storm of 1900 - Sep 8th 1900 - Pop: 42,000 residents Category 4 @ 135 mph -Great loss of life between 6,000 and 12,000 individuals – officially 8,000
The 1915 Storm, August 17th, Category 4 @ 135 mph 42 people dead in the Galveston area
$60 - 1915 million dollars in damage
Ike Sep 13th 2008 - The third most destructive hurricane to ever make landfall in the United States Final landfall in Galveston Texas as a strong cat 2 with cat 5 equivalent storm surge winds extended 120 miles from the center.
Blamed for at least 195 deaths – 74 in Haiti and 112 in the USA 300 still missing. - Damages estimated at 24 billion (2008) US Dollars
Resulted in the largest evacuation in the state of Texas history and the largest search and rescue operation in US history
Chernobyl, An Experiment Gone Wrong
On Saturday, April 26th, 1986 at 1:23 am, one of the reactors at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant exploded. Ironically, the experiment consisted in testing how the power plant would respond in the event of an accident. The operators at the plant wanted to bring down the power output of the reactor to 25%, but over-confidence, poor training and poor knowledge of how a reactor works caused them to overdo it, and they ended up bringing down the power output to 1%. When they then tried to bring it up to 25%, the reactor overheated and exploded causing the worst nuclear accident in history.
Sponsoring one issue of the Survival Insights newsletter provides a unique opportunity for your organization to access our growing mailing list of readers with a strategically tailored publication and message to promote your products and services. Survival Insights will bundle your company’s promotional and educational material with our product (newsletter). This will enable you to add value to your marketing program and offer more comprehensive solutions to your customers.
Sponsoring a Newsletter Plan includes:
• Your company banner, placed in a prominent spot of the Survival Insights Newsletter’s main page.
• Your company’s educational articles published on the Survival Insights portal’s IN - SIGHT section.
• Newsletter front page exclusive advertising on one issue of the newsletter for one time electronic mailing.
• Your Company button/logo recognized in the Sponsor area of the portal.
Logo specifications: 120 pixels wide x 60 pixels tall, JPG GIF.
• Your company logo and company description (70 words max) listed in the Survival Insight’s official directory by product and/or service
• URL to your website.
• Email links
• Your company’s press releases and news articles published on the “In the News” section of the Survival Insight's portal.
• Your company’s white papers published in the Presentation section of the portal
• Your company’s educational Power Point presentations published in the Presentation section of the portal
• Your company’s logo/banner displayed in the company’s article page
• Your company logo/banner included with the print option of the article page
• Survival Insights will keep an archive of articles by topic and category maintaining your company’s sponsorship historical reference.
Banner specifications: standard 560 pixels wide x 100 pixels tall. JPG or GIF
Note: The above benefits will be in effect for six months after newsletter publication.
To learn about our price schedule, or for additional information